Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Topic #4 The Power of Vision


Vision without action is just a dream.
Action without vision merely waste time.
Vision coupled with action can make things happen.

Since I was young, I had dreams for my future, but all of them are unclear and so rough. I did not take any action to make them true. So now, I have an assignment to think about my future "in real".

I want to go back my home country (Japan) after I graduate the Baruch College because I want to work for the country that I was born. The reason why I am studying in the U.S. is speaking English is very important skill in the Japanese business. Many Japanese companies start to globalize their products or services. Some companies started to introduce English as their common language. Therefore, I feel to study in the U.S. is big advantage to make my dream in real.
I think this is still not specific vision, so let's talk about more real vision.

After I graduate the Baruch College, I want to get a job for consulting firm in Japan to help medium-sized and small companies. In Japan the economy has not recovered for a long time. I think to make medium-sized and small companies more profitable, it can stimulate the Japanese economy.
Today, to get a job is really tough in Japan. So I have to study hard in Baruch to get good grade because GPA is very important in the screening by resume.
Also, I can study for taking some qualifications, like TOEIC to show how I have English skills.
I think this is the most realistic action which I can take now for my future.

After few years I starts my job, I want to get a Master of Business Administration (MBA) in the U.S. to improve my career. But I think this is not real.

Therefore, I can say what I can do for my future is "Do my best for all things that I should do".
I think this is the shortest way to achieve my business goal.

3 comments:

  1. I have quite a few friends that have also come to the US purely for education and they want to return to their home countries after their studies to give back to their communities. They feel that they have been very lucky while others may not have been as lucky. I think it is a wonderful thing to have a great sense of pride in heritage and to have concern for other people in your country that you would want to go back to help stimulate the economy of Japan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Studying abroad is definitely a great first step. How many years have you been in America? I must say though, I rarely hear from you in class. You have to take the next step and speak out more to use that English you say you're learning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it’s great that you want to return back to your home country and work there. A lot of foreign students are planning to find a job here. Although everyone has their own reasons. It depends on the country you are from, the situation in this country, and your personal situation. Well, I wish your luck in bringing your vision into reality!

    ReplyDelete