Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Topic #5 The ABCs of DISC

We had pretty interesting leadership/management diagnostic in our class. It classifies us into 4 categories which is "Dominance", "Influence", "Steadiness", and "Conscientiousness". I end up with "Cs" type of manager. C is a manager who emphasize the working conscientiously within existing circumstances to ansure quality and accuracy.
When I read the particular detail of "Conscientiousness", I did not feel this is the best description of myself. After I read descriptions for each 4 style, I thought the word "Conscientiousness" is the best word to describe me.
I think this represent my class participation directly. I'm always trying to listen other opinions first, then I start to consider in my mind because actually my English skill is not good so I just want to make things clear to me. However, even I understand about the topic, I do not start to talk because I think that I'm afraid of making a mistake or afraid "if other classmates did not understand what I'm saying because of my English skill. I think this is because of not only my personality, but also how I grew up when I was a child. I understand that professor or classmates would not blame me even I made a mistake. However, I try to check the accuracy again and again in my mind. Finally, the topic goes to next before I confident to speak.
This often happen to me and I know I should speak more.  But the things is not so simple to me.
Therefore, I think the result of this psychological test is right and useful to determine people's management "type" to better understand where they are coming from and how to interact with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment